How to Fix Your Customer Service in 5 Steps

Sometimes your Customer service is just plain bad and you have to deal with it. I can remember taking over a piece of business in a large metro area many years ago.  This was one of those struggling locations we have all encountered – some call them turnaround accounts.  I call them a lot of…

Continue Reading →

3 Lessons to be Learned From Labor Day

The first Monday in September has been designated as a day to celebrate the contributions of American workers to our prosperity and success. It is only fitting that we take the time to consider how we can help this amazing workforce to be even more productive and Guest Centric. Front line teams depend on us…

Continue Reading →

Customer Service Mapping: Observations to Improve Service

Customer service doesn’t live in an office, a book, or a manual.  It lives in each one of us and our teams every minute of every day.  We cannot set up a list of must-dos for our teams, and then walk away and allow them to execute.  If it worked that way, we wouldn’t need…

Continue Reading →

Tough Times? Tactics to Keep Your Customer Service Strong!

Anyone can lead amazing Customer service and outstanding execution when times are easy and the mojo is rolling. It’s how we drive that same mission when things are a little tougher that matters. There are so many variables in business, service, and leadership, that we have to be ready to execute in less than ideal…

Continue Reading →

Starting College: 5 Tips to Learning Leadership

Across the country many universities will be starting classes and welcoming a new freshman class to campus. Parents are jockeying for the last few minutes with their children before leaving them to their futures and those same students are filled with trepidation and excitement.  And the hope that they’ll be able to sneak home soon…

Continue Reading →

3 Tips to Giving Your Customers What They Want

Your Guests know what they want. They come to you to get it. But they also know where to go if you can’t deliver it. Those businesses that want to succeed must deliver upon their Guest’s needs and make sure that they do so consistently. Those who fail to do so will certainly find their Guests…

Continue Reading →

Stop Killing Creativity. 3 Ways to Harness Innovation for Your Guests.

If you love movies like I do, then you have heard the 10% myth. You know, that old urban legend that says we only use a small percentage of our brain. The myth goes that if we could just bust loose that remaining 90% we would be unstoppable geniuses that could freeze time, write novels…

Continue Reading →

Celebrate Your Team with the R.E.W.A.R.D. Recognition System

Folks love to know when they’ve done a great job. It energizes them. It gives them purpose. It reinforces the positive behaviors. And it makes them hungry for more. When I was first beginning in Leadership, I had my team approach me to say that they thought I was too negative. They told me that…

Continue Reading →

Three Reasons Why You Need a Customer Service Officer

Without a rudder, Customer service in most organizations will fall flat. They will meander, try, attempt, hope, and plan. Then they fizzle. Then they will fail. The reason is clear: Many organizations have rolled out a Customer service platform, but have neglected to put someone at the helm to run it. They are missing someone…

Continue Reading →

Three Leadership Lessons from Shark Week

The diver entered the cage and lowered into the choppy ocean.  He adjusted the camera on its mount, checked his air flow, and then let the boat above know that he was set and ready to film. Then a 20 foot Great White Shark swam at the cage, gripped it with its powerful jaws, and…

Continue Reading →